According to reports, the accident happened after a 62-year-old woman, who runs a cooking gas shop and her 32-year-old daughter were called back to their shop to attend to a “regular customer” who came to fill a gas cylinder. The woman returned and successfully attended to the customer. However, the sad incident happened when the customer tried putting the gas cylinder into a waiting tricycle, it fell and exploded.
Viewers desecration pls Ajao Estate gas explosion pic.twitter.com/jAE6YgHFM3
— Chucky (@02chucky) July 28, 2020
Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, who confirmed the incident, said the fire had been extinguished and that the bodies of the deceased persons have been evacuated from the scene of the incident.