Manchester City star player, Benjamin Mendy will appear in court early next year over the accusation of raping two women and the sexual assault of a third alleged victim.
READ ALSO: Ben Chilwell Names Chelsea Star Always Put In Extra Hardwork After Training Sections
Mendy said only to confirm his name during the 45minutes hearing at Chester Crown Court, where January 24, 2022 was set for his trial.
Mendy is accused of four counts of rape and one of sexual assault.
The 27-year-old, wearing a cream jogging suit, sat back, arms folded, listening to proceedings translated to him via a French interpreter sat behind him in the dock.
The charges were not put to him and no pleas were entered during the hearing, which dealt largely with administrative matters ahead of the trial.
READ ALSO: WCQ: FIFA expresses regret over suspension of match between Brazil and Argentina
A further hearing will be held on November 15 and Eleanor Laws QC, defending Mendy, said there would be an application to dismiss the charges on that date.
The alleged attacks, on three different women including one under 18, are said to have happened at his home address in Prestbury, Cheshire.
READ ALSO: Man City Manager: Guardiola Urges Players To Get Vaccinated Against Covid-19
Mendy was charged on August 26 with three counts of rape relating to an alleged incident in October 2020 and with the sexual assault of a woman in early January this year.
He is also charged with raping a woman last month.
The Premier League star was refused bail last month and is currently on remand at HMP Altcourse in Liverpool.
The left-back has played for Manchester City since 2017, when he joined from Monaco for a reported £52m.
READ ALSO: Liverpool Manaager: Klopp Label Fans “Idiot” Over Alleged Homophobic Chants
He was suspended by the club after being charged by police, pending an investigation.
Mendy appeared in the dock along with a co-accused, Louis Saha Matturie, 40, of Eccles, Greater Manchester, who is charged with four counts of rape.
The charges relate to three complainants over the age of 16 and are alleged to have taken place between April 2021 and August 2021.
READ ALSO: Wizard at goals, Christiano Ronaldo’s 111 Int’l goals (FULL X-RAYS FOR ALL GOALS TILL DATE)
As both defendants were remanded back into custody by Judge Stephen Everett, Matturie waved to three women sat in the public gallery who waved back and then put his hands to his face and began to weep. Mendy, following him down the steps back to the cells, winked to a man in the public gallery as he was led down.